Monday, October 05, 2009

Mr. Independent?

...And it appears to be a long - no, it has been a long time. That said, I'm going to get right down to what's on my mind. I notice that CNN's Lou Dobbs has adopted the monicker of "Mr. Independent." I've watched his show in the past, and he did appear at times to be breaking out of the strictly right-leaning mode of thought that seemed suitable for his "Moneyline" persona. I had hoped that his views would have continued their course of moderation, and that the new "Mr. Independent" would be what he was promising to be. Voices of reason in the mass media are rarer than white tigers in the wild, and I hoped to be able to add Lou to the short list of these voices. Unfortunately, Lou is no more "independent" than Bill O'Reilly. He's just as right-leaning as Bill, but he sounds reasonable rather than maniacal. Sorry Lou, but simply denying political party loyalty or adherance to an ideology does not qualify you as "Independent". I do, however, remain open-minded and will reserve final judgment until I've watched a bit more. My initial impression remains an unfavorable one.

No comments: